Thursday, March 22, 2007

An update for anyone curious...

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting here as much recently. Well, there is a good reason for that. First, those of you who read an earlier post on the subject may recall that I have recently been diagnosed with spondylolisthesis. Basically, this means that the bottom bone in my spine is starting to slip off my tailbone. In order to stabilize the area, the muscles surrounding the bones spasm. This is quite painful. Well, I've been going to physical therapy three times a week (as well as a few appointments for x-rays, an MRI and with my neurosurgeon), so when combined with my work commitments, my church responsibilities, and my insistence on never shirking on the time I spend with my family, internet blogging has unfortunately fallen by the wayside.

I've also been spending some of my time working on what will be the latest Ten Minas project, MP3s that are downloadable from the site. The first few podcasts wil be on the "Argument for Christianity", but we will span out from there, and hopefully cover some discipleship issues as well. Stay tuned for more information on this front.

Finally, those of you who have been following the blog long enough may also recall that we are expecting a new addition on about May 22. My wife is pregnant, and we are reaching the home stretch before our new son joins us. Unfortunately though, due to my back condition, this has complicated things a bit. There has been a lot of furniture moving, etc., to be done in order to get the new nursery ready (among other projects) and I am not allowed to do any of it. I can no longer do any heavy lifting, and I am not allowed to bend over at the waist even if all I am picking up is a sock. God has blessed us with devoted family and friends, though, and for the past three weekends we have had people visiting us and helping out. This, of course, means that I've been doing a lot of entertaining, and not a lot of posting here.

To make an already long story perhaps a little bit shorter, things are hectic right now, and probably are not going to let up any time soon since I will have an infant to care for. I will still do my best to post new thoughts here as time permits and to respond to any of your comments within a reasonable period of time. But if it takes me longer than you are used to, please accept my apologies in advance.

Thank you all for checking in.

Ken

No comments: